I received a reminder from my physician’s office this week to book my drive through vaccination time slot, which got me thinking about business health.
How is vaccination related to business?
A vaccine stimulates your immune system to produce antibodies, exactly like it would if you were exposed to the disease. After getting vaccinated, you develop immunity to that disease, without having to get the disease first.
This is what makes vaccines such powerful medicine. Unlike most medicines, which treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent them.
Business planning is a quasi vaccine for your business. The act of planning stimulates your business immune system. Resiliency and immunity don’t just happen, they are learnt and built.
Which component of your business do you want to vaccinate this season?
- Re write your Unique Business Proposition?
- Clarify your company Purpose?
- Set new short and long term goals?
- Document the new strategies you have adopted through the Covid experience?
- Revisit your Value statements – would it be helpful to restate the required behaviors and beliefs you need from your team to succeed in the months and years ahead?
- Any changes in your products and services, fees, or your target market?
- Time to refresh and strengthen your relationships with your business partners – your suppliers and/or distributors?
- Are your departmental plans current for the next quarter, priorities identified and moving forward, or has your leadership team fallen back to reactive mode?
- Is your organization chart up to date, capturing the changes over the past six months
Some of us tend to be vaccine and needle adverse. Working on your business heath can activate the same feelings of resistance. It can be nerve wracking to know it might hurt a little, even make us feel a bit sick, to find out things aren’t working quite as we want.
You know what they say, “an ounce of prevention”.
For help with these questions or any other help you may need to improve your business health drop us an email.